Welcome to this article in which we will teach you how to draw a Pigeon an easy and fun way. Learning to draw can be a very rewarding and relaxing activity, in addition to being an excellent form of artistic expression. In this tutorial, we will show you the necessary steps to draw a pigeon in a simple way, using basic techniques that will allow you to achieve a realistic result.
How to Draw a Pigeon – Why learn to draw a Pigeon?
Learning to draw a Pigeon can be a very useful activity for those who wish to improve their animal drawing skills. Doves are common animals and their shape is relatively simple, which makes them an excellent starting point to learn basic drawing techniques, such as proportion and shading. Drawing pigeons can also be a fun way to explore the artistic representation of animals and express our creativity.
Materials needed to draw a dove
- Delete rubber
- Cattle (optional)
Step 1: Preliminary Sketch
How to make a simple sketch of a Pigeon?
To start drawing a pigeon, the first thing you should do is make a preliminary sketch. It begins by drawing an oval shape for the body of the dove, and then adds a vertical line to represent the center of the body. From this line, add the wings and the tail of the dove.
Tips to achieve a proportional sketch
- Look closely at the shape of a real pigeon and try to capture the key aspects in your sketch, such as the shape and position of the wings and tail.
- Don’t worry about making a perfect sketch in the first attempt. It is normal to make corrections and adjustments during this stage of the drawing.
- Use light and soft lines to be easy to erase and make corrections.
Step 2: Body details
How to draw the wings of the Pigeon?
Once you have made the preliminary sketch of the body of the pigeon, you can start adding details such as wings. To draw the wings, add a more oval shape at the top of the body and connect this shape to the upper part of the wings with soft and curved lines.
Tips to achieve a realistic appearance in the body
- Use curved and soft lines to shape the body of the pigeon and achieve a more realistic appearance.
- Look closely at the shape and proportions of the body of a real pigeon and try to represent them precisely.
- Use shadow to add depth and dimension to the body of the pigeon.
Step 3: Head and peak
How to draw the eyes of a Pigeon?
A distinctive characteristic of the pigeon are his round and lively eyes. To draw the eyes of the pigeon, add two small circles on the top of the head and fill them with the pencil.
TIPS TO GIVE THE EXPRESSION OF THE PALOMA
- Use shadow to give depth and expressiveness to the eyes of the pigeon.
- Add soft and curved lines around the eyes to represent eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Use soft lines and curves to shape the pigeon peak.
Step 4: Legs and other features
How to draw the legs and claws of the Pigeon?
To draw the dove legs, add two descending lines from the bottom of the body. Add small curved shapes at the end of these lines to represent the claws of the pigeon. You can add additional details to the pigeon, such as neck or wings feathers, to make it more realistic.
TIPS TO ADD ADDITIONAL DETAILS TO THE PALOMA
- Look at real pigeons photographs to have an idea of the details you can add to your drawing.
- Use soft lines and curves to add details such as feathers and marks in the body of the pigeon.
- Use shadow to add depth and dimension to the details of the pigeon.
Learning to draw a pigeon can be a fun and rewarding experience. Following the steps and tips that we have provided in this tutorial, you can create your own representation of a dove with basic drawing skills. Do not forget to practice regularly to improve your skills and explore different artistic techniques and styles.
What is the best position to draw a Pigeon?
There is no specific position that is the best to draw a dove. You can choose the position that is more comfortable and that allows you to have a good view of the pigeon or use photographs as a reference.
Is it necessary to have previous experience in drawing to make a Pigeon
No, it is not necessary to have previous experience in drawing to make a dove. This tutorial is designed for beginners and uses basic techniques that are easy to follow.
What other animals can I draw using similar techniques?
You can apply the techniques you have learned in this tutorial to draw other similar animals, such as pigeons or birds. You can also explore the artistic representation of other animals, such as dogs, cats or horses.
Where can I find more inspiration to draw pigeons?
You can find inspiration for your drawing of pigeons in various sources, such as photographs, illustrated books, art magazines or even in nature. Observing and studying the behavior and characteristics of pigeons can help you create more realistic representations of these animals.